Aged Dependent Visa: A Guide To Aged Dependent Visa For Australia

Get Aged Dependent Visa Help Here.

Do you have an aged-dependent relative who needs to live with you in Australia? The permanent subclass 114 offshore aged dependent visa or the onshore sister visa (aged dependent visa subclass 838) might be the visa for you.

To be eligible for this visa, the visa holder must be a dependent of an eligible sponsor in Australia. This means that a particular relationship between the visa holder and the sponsor must exist.

The dependent must be single. They cannot be married or in a de facto relationship with any other party.

They must have reached an age where they are eligible for an aged pension in Australia.

The pension age in Australia is different for men and women but is usually around the 65-year-old mark. The eligible sponsor will need to provide an Assurance of Support. And of course, the aged dependent relative will need to meet the health and character requirement.

In terms of the sponsor, in addition to undertaking to provide support for the aged dependent relative for their first 2 years in Australia, the sponsor must provide evidence that the visa applicant has been financially dependent on the sponsor for 3 years prior to when the application is made.

An eligible sponsor must be 18 years old and live in Australia and either be an Australian citizen, a settled permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen.

If you would like assistance from an immigration lawyer like me, please book in a consultation with me now, together we can decide what to do next.

Your Experience?

Please share your comments with me.

I’d love to know more about your experience applying for this visa subclass!

Share This


Related Posts