Student Visa

Student Visas – 3 things you must know about Student Visas

What is a Student Visa?
Also known as a “study visa”, “student visa”, “572 visa”, “573 Visa”, “572 Visa” or “Student Visa Extension”. a student visa allows for prospective genuine student to come to Australia or remain in Australia to study certain approved courses.

Student visas require that you progress with your course at an acceptable rate and that student meet course attendance requirements.

How do I get a Student Visa visa?

Student Visas are applied for with the Department Of Immigration & Citizenship either onshore or offshore.

Students need to prove that they are genuine students. Different countries have different rules which stipulate the required supporting material with applications, including the level of resources that student must evidence.

How much does a Student Visa cost?

Student visas attract a fee upon lodgement of the application with the Department of Immigration (DIAC).

A schedule of fees and charges applicable to applications lodged at DIAC is published regularly.

DIAC fees for student visa fees are approximately $600.

If you use an Immigration Lawyer or Registered Australian Migration Agent, additional fees are payable to Immigration Lawyers and Agents. The amount of the fee will depend on level of skill of the Immigration Law Specialist, complexity of the applications, and the urgency of the application.

At our student visa consultations, we’ll assist you to:

  • Identity the most appropriate immigration application you need to make;
  • Select the right industries and occupations to target for future immigration applications; and
  • Prepare for and lodge your next student visa application faster.

Call us today to get started with an obligation-free, money-back guaranteed, confidential discussion with an MyVisa – Student Visa Agents in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth.

  1. Roshni Reply


    I am an International student currently studying in Perth (Bachelor of Commerce at Curtin). My visa expires on 30th August and I need to extend my visa until next year because I have not completed my degree.

    I would like to know the process and the new rate for visa extension. Also, I am a Kenyan passport holder, do I require to do my medicals again and when should I apply for this? What other requirements do I need to follow?


    • Nilesh Nandan Reply

      To best assist with your question, please contact our team on 1300 55 8472, Skype us on MyVisa.Australia.

Leave a Reply