#1 What is a 186 Visa?

Also known as an “ENS Visa”, “employer nomination visa”, “employer nomination scheme visa”, “856”, “subclass 186″ or simply “ENS”, a 186 visa allows skilled workers to be sponsored by their employers for permanent residence in Australia.

The 186 visa replaces the 856 visa class. It comprises of two separate approvals:

– Employer Nomination
– Visa Application

#2 How do I get a 186 visa?

Find an employer who is willing to sponsor you for work in Australia with a 186 visa.

You must be nominated in an eligible occupation and paid a market rate – other rules do apply.

Under the 186 visa an employer should be willing to give you employment for a three-year period

#3 How much does a Visa cost?

A 186 visa attracts a fee upon lodgement of the application with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP).

A schedule of fees and charges applicable to applications lodged at the DIBP is published regularly.

DIBP fees for onshore applications are approximately $4000. Additional fees apply for the RCB certification and the DIBP approval.

If you use an Immigration Advisor or Registered Australian Migration Agent, additional fees are payable to Immigration Advisor and Agents. The amount of the fee will depend on the skill level of the Immigration Law Specialist, complexity of the applications, and the urgency of the application.

At our visa consultations, we’ll help you to:

  1. Identify the most appropriate immigration application you need to make;
  2. Select the best occupation for getting your ENS application and 186 visa approved; and
  3. Prepare for and lodge your next ENS application and 186 visa application faster.