186 Visa – Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS)

186 Visa – 3 things you must know about 186 Visa

ENS | Direct Entry Stream | Transition Stream

What is a 186 Visa?

Also known as a “ens visa”, “employer nomination visa”, “employer nomination scheme visa”, “856″, “subclass 186″ or simply “ens”, a 186 visa allows skilled workers to be sponsored by their employers for permanent residence in Australia.

The 186 visa replaces the 856 visa class. It comprises two separate approvals.

  • Employer Nomination
  • Visa Application

How do I get a 186 visa?

Find an employer who is willing to sponsor you for work in Australia with a 186 visa.

You must be nominated in an eligible occupation and paid a market rate – other rules do apply.

Under the 186 visa an employer should be willing to give you employment for a three year period.

How much does a Visa cost?

186 visa attract a fee upon lodgement of the application with the Department of Immigration (DIBP).

A schedule of fees and charges applicable to applications lodged at DIAC is published regularly.

DIBP fees for onshore applications are approximately $4000. Additional fees apply for the RCB certification and DIBP approval.

If you use an Immigration Lawyer or Registered Australian Migration Agent, additional fees are payable to Immigration Lawyers and Agents. The amount of the fee will depend on the level of skill of the Immigration Law Specialist, complexity of the applications, and the urgency of the application.

At our visa consultations, we’ll help you to:

  • Identify the most appropriate immigration application you need to make;
  • Select the best occupation for getting your ens application and 186 visa approved; and
  • Prepare for and lodge your next ens application and 186 visa application faster.

Call us today to get started with an obligation-free, money-back guaranteed, confidential discussion with Myvisa – leading 186 visa lawyers and migration agents in Australia (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth) and overseas (Hong Kong, South Africa and Singapore).

Immigration Specialist, Practice Director @MyVisa® - An experienced Australian Immigration Specialist & Blog Author, advising on sponsorship of overseas workers and partners and Immigration Appeals. Nilesh's expertise is in helping business owners, HR managers and recruitment consultants solve staffing problems by lodging and troubleshooting "employer-sponsored" visa applications for existing and new staff. Nilesh completed his schooling at Brisbane Grammar. He studied Accountancy and Law at QUT and completed the Business Case Study Program at Harvard. He is admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales and the Supreme Court of Queensland and the High Court of Australia and holds an MBA in International Business. Nilesh first became licensed by the Migration Agents Registration Authority to provide immigration advice in 2000 and holds current registration with the Authority. He is Member of Migration Institute of Australia and the Law Society of New South Wales. He is a Young Achiever of the Year nominee and more recently mentor to fellow immigration practitioners. Immigration Experience Nilesh has a track record of winning challenging immigration cases. He has managed 1000's of visa applications successfully. His experiences range from managing immigration task forces at Port Hedland and Christmas Island through to extensive business sponsorship applications and long-stay visa work. These experiences, including complex appeal work, allow him to contribute usefully to strategies that will help make your (or your teams) visa applications more likely to succeed as effortlessly as possible. Specialties Immigration Law and Visa Law troubleshooting.
  1. Nasir Reply

    I’ve been working as a full time permanent employe since June 2011 as a Radio Communications Technician (which is under ENSOL). I’m currently at 485 visa and its going to expire in sep 2013. I started this job whilst the Bridging visa to 485 was granted to me. I’ve also been participating in job ready program for the past six months. So far everything is going right and I’ve done professional development course and journal entries etc and now waiting for TRA officer who has to do workplace assessment.

    Now, I come to the real point. My employer is interested to sponsor me under direct stream186 visa program now and can fulfill all the requirements. Do you think it’s possible and am I eligible to apply under the above stream because I’ve just got max 18 months of experience in my nominated field.
    Thank you

Leave a Reply